STEM by Design
Interested in getting STEM education started in your classroom, school, or division? STEM by Design will introduce teachers to the nature of STEM and best practices in creating and adapting learning strategies and activities for the STEM classroom. Through creative collaboration and exploration, teachers will discover the power of STEM to deepen student engagement and understanding of core concepts through the application of scientific principles, technology, engineering design, and mathematical analysis to authentic challenges and experiences. In addition, this course will provide teachers with information on quality STEM resources and tools as they begin STEM programs in their classrooms and schools.
Oct. 23, Nov. 20,
Jan.22, Feb. 26,
and Apr. 16
4:30pm - 7:00pm
Location: MathScience Innovation Center - Room C15
Eligibility & Pricing
- Science, Math, and CTE Educators Grades 6-8
Educators from Full Consortium Member School Divisions are eligible to participate free of charge*.
- Participants from institutional member school divisions are eligible to participate on a space-available basis for a fee of $375.00. All other participants may attend on a space- available basis for a fee of $750.00.
- Classroom activities and materials
- Receive digital certificate with 25 relicensure points upon successful completion of the course
- Become more knowledgeable about what STEM education means and how it looks in practice
- Explore methods of analyzing lessons for STEM potential and making appropriate adaptations
- Develop formative assessments to gauge student understanding of STEM lesson content and procedures
- Utilize course knowledge to adapt and implement a student-centered STEM lesson based on the Engineering Design Process.
- Gain knowledge of the resources (published, colleagues and materials) available to teachers for the purpose of adapting and developing STEM curricula.
For additional information, please contact: