- Category: Student Enrichment
- Published: February 26, 2016
Program for Gifted 4th Grade Students
Chesterfield Students: Manchester Middle School, May 6, 13, and 20, 2017, 9:00am - 2:00pm
All other School Divisions: MSiC Campus, May 6, 13, and 20, 2017, 9:00am - 2:00pm
Math Masters I challenges 4th grade students, designated gifted by their school divisions to explore complex mathematical puzzles and engage in problem-solving of real-world situations through a mathematical lens. Using a variety of materials and computer programs, students spend three Saturdays immersed in rigorous mathematics activities. Students will spend a great deal of time working in groups to communicate ideas and share strategies. Students explore the creative side of mathematics as they dive into problems with a different theme each Saturday.
- Logic and Game: Can you figure out the logic and math behind games like Set and Quiddler?
- On the Shoulders of Giants: Travel through time exploring mathematicians such as Fibonacci, Sierpinski, and Euler while recreating some of their mathematical designs.
- 3D Design: Do you know the story of the Three Little Pigs? Was the wolf really bad or were the 3 little pigs poor planners and designers? Use Sketch-up and the engineering process to figure it out.
2401 Hartman Street
Richmond, VA 23223
7401 Hull Street
Richmond, VA 23235
For more information, contact: